PhD position in immune oncology
Oncologic Center Salzburg Cancer Research Institute (SCRI), Laboratory of Immunological and Molecular Cancer Research (LIMCR), Paris Lodron University Salzburg
The SCRI-LIMCR is seeking to fill a full-time (100%) vacancy for a
PhD student position in the area of immune oncology
- You gain experimental data to prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of translational cancer research, studying interrelation of anti-cancer immunity and cancer genetics in Leukemia. You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Bioscience, Biomedical or Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or equivalent.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Also students in the final year of their master’s degree can apply.
- You are driven, quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Knowledge of immunology or genetics is required.
- Experience with sterile cell culture, flow cytometry, NGS, pathological techniques, molecular assays, in vivo experiments, immunoassays and mouse work is beneficial.
What we offer
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of 3 years;
- The planned start date is as soon as possible
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the guidelines from the Austrian Science Fund (FWF). Annual personnel costs including employer’s contributions 39,210.00 Euro.
- You will work at the SCRI-LIMCR in a highly dynamic and stimulating working environment, equipped with state-of-the-art technologies (flow- and mass cytometry (CyTOF) + Hyperion and Illumina seq platforms) and access to mouse models and patient samples.
- Find out more about the SCRI here http://www.limcr.at
How to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy by email to email@example.com and be sure to include the following attachments:
- a motivation letter
- your (academic) CV
- name and address of at least two previous supervisors
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- Please be aware that in case of high number of applications, only pre-selected applicants will be informed and invited for a job interview including a brief presentation of their work.